Go down

Welcome to the Saudi Aramco Student Group for the Asia Pacif

Post  Admin on Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:58 pm

Internal Communication
To All Saudi Aramco Students
studying in Australia / New Zealand

Effective 17th November 2007

Dear Student,

I am pleased to announce that there are now in excess of 120 students studying varying programs at leading Australian universities, and NZ technical training colleges. This is a great achievement, in such a small time frame.

We all very proud of the excellent work you are doing, and the ambassadorial role you all lead in enhancing the Saudi Aramco name in this region.

As our numbers swell, this program requires a great deal of effort to manage and support. With this I am pleased to further announce that effective from 17th November 2007, Saudi Aramco has established a local support office in Melbourne, Australia to support you.

The Australian office will be headed by Dr Antonio Vincent Curulli, who has been appointed by Saudi Aramco as its consultant to support you during your time here in Australia and New Zealand.

Antonio will report directly to myself on all matters, and I will still be responsible for all the students well being, and progress in this region. This appointment is to merely assist our office in Kuala Lumpur and further provide much needed academic and administrative support locally for you.

Antonio will lead a committed team from his office in Melbourne that will assist you in the following areas:

Student Arrival Assistance

Co-ordinating the arrangement of short term accommodation for students arriving into Australia
Advice with regards to longer term accommodation
Briefing Student on the use and access to the Student Forum and Discussion Board

Ongoing Support, Counselling and Reporting

Be available to you to call to discuss any matters, you wish for the office to take up with the University, and /or Saudi Aramco.
Visit you on campus twice annually, during week 3 or 4 of each semester.
Conduct of formal evaluations of your progress annually, and provide written reports.
Meet with your key Academic Staff of each program, regarding your performance, and determination of key improvements to be made for optimizing your programs.

Administrative Duties

Review and Approve Eligibility and Authorization for all student travel arrangements.
Review and Approve all Student Eligibility and Authorization of all student medical arrangements.
Receive all student Study invoices from universities, review them for accuracy and authorize them to Saudi Aramco management for payment.

Strategic Academic Duties

Assist in the Preparation of the annual strategic plan for the Region annually.
Document and present the plan( including revisions) to Senior Management in Dahrain
Discuss with University’s areas of future co-operation, streamlining and improvement of current programs to better assist Saudi Aramco students
Liaise with Dahrain Prep School to assist them in preparing CPDNS students better
Develop an equivalencies scale for Australian Universities to assist in the conversion into US GPA scores.
Design and Deliver Short Courses deemed necessary to be delivered to new students that come to Australia to better assist them in their settling in process
Work closely with University Research Departments to identify areas of mutual research interest, and communicate this to the relevant departments within Saudi Aramco.
Identify and report to the company any HR Development Program initiatives found suitable.

To deliver on these activities there are several initiatives that have already been implemented now, while items 5 - Discussion Board will be developed over the next few weeks and forever will be evolving:

1. A 24/7 1300 call number with a live receptionist in the case of an emergency. The number you can call any time from a fixed line is

1300 85 00 62

Between 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, this will be answered by Antonio’s team in Melbourne, after hours this will be answered by a receptionist, who will take down your details and email Antonio directly to his mobile email system, whereby he will return you call as soon as is possible. Calls to this number from a landline are free.

2. A fax to email call number service has been established, whereby all documents such as travel forms, medical receipts etc can be faxed to. This fax number is

1300 86 09 04

This fax is attended 24/7 and faxes will be converted to email for expedient attention and forwarding to Kuala Lumpur / Dahrain.

Calls to this number from a landline are free.

3. A Email support address has been set up to service all students, this email address is

saasiapacific@bigpond.com

Please use this email address to forward any queries and attachments of documents to.

4. Antonio will make himself available to talk to you at all times, if you have any problem, please feel free to contact him on his mobile number below

0437 886 070

Calls to this number are charged at your local call rates.

5. A Saudi Aramco Student Forum website has been established, where all students can register, and access many benefits.

We encourage you to go to the following website and register your details, at which time you will receive a confirmation of membership, which will entitle you to browse all the discussion boards.

Here you will also find relevant company forms, policies and procedures and other information relevant to your studies while in Australia.

Antonio will be the lead moderator of this discussion board, but please feel free to contact him, if you wish to establish new content, and new discussion topics. Additional Moderators would be most welcome.

The discussion board website is:

saasiapacific.forummotion.com

Please go there soon, and register your details, so that full access and privileges can be provided.

I trust that you can now feel the level of commitment that Saudi Aramco is investing into this region. You are all very valuable assets of our company, and these initiatives in this region will greatly enhance this value, through greater level of support and guidance.

Again, I am always at your disposal, so please feel free to contact me anytime. I also urge you to build a solid working relationship with Antonio, as I am sure that it will greatly assist you in meeting your own goals and objectives.

Warmest Regards

Yacoub Al Dossary

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://saasiapacific.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome to the Saudi Aramco Student Group for the Asia Pacif

Post  Ashraf W. Al Juhani on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:47 am

Good day Mr. Yacoub

Good to hear that, and we appreciate the effort

Kind regards,
Ashraf W. Al Juhani

Ashraf W. Al Juhani

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ali Abdulla Shaiban on Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:43 am

Thanks Mr. Yacoub
This is really a great effort from you.

Thank you again

Ali Abdulla Shaiban

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mazen Ali S Alzahrani on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:28 am

That sounds very promising

Thanks a lot Mr.Al-Dossary Smile

Mazen Ali S Alzahrani

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omar Ayedh A Alahmady on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:22 pm

Hello Mr. Yacoub

I'm really glad to see that and appreciate the efforts.

Thank you.

Omar Ayedh A Alahmady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mohammad A AlEissa on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:52 pm

That's sound great.
Thank you Mr. Yacoub for all your great effort and I believe it will make it easier to communicate with each other. lol!

Mohammad A AlEissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mohammed Hussain Al Ali on Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:22 am

Thnks heaps Mr. Al-Dossary for all your efforts.

How great idea is to establish these forums!
Looking forward to improving communicability more and more. Very Happy

Mohammed Hussain Al Ali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saleh Abood Alqahtani on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:18 pm

Thanks Mr. Yaqoub

We appreciate the effort and i believe it will be a very effective way of communication.

Regards
Saleh A. Alqahtani

Saleh Abood Alqahtani

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Therock on Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:04 am

Thanx alot

i appreciate what u r doing ...

best regards .

Therock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THANKS

Post  Ali Al Ameer on Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:17 am

thanks MR. yaqoub

I wish you all the best.
ALI ALAMEER

Ali Al Ameer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ahmed Tawfiq BuAli on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:37 pm

It feels POSITIVE
thanx for everyone Participating in such great work

cheers

Ahmed Tawfiq BuAli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Welcome all

Post  Husain Al Yousif on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:53 am

Welcome all to Saudi Aramco Students Forum and sorry for this late reply as we were all enjoying our holidays at Saudi Very Happy

I personally appreciate the efforts Antonio and Mr. Al Dossary are conducting to improve the ways to communicate between the company and

the students. Being in Australia is a challenge for all of us and for Aramco and I was one of those who came first and can see where we were

and where are we today.

Though I am not a big fan of forums, I will do my best to participate and communicate with all my colleuges around Australia to share ideas

and make suggestions to overcome difficulties.

Thanks again Antonio and Mr Al Dossary

wait for my new topics in this forum

Cheers

Husain Al Yousif

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks so mcuh

Post  Hatem Al-Ghamdi on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Dear Yacoub
Dear Antonio

Knowing that this is my first email to this group, I would like to take this opportunity to thank both of you for the unlimited support. Truly; we see and feel your commitment in ensuring that every one of us has the best supporting environment to deliver.

I strongly encourage all brothers in this forum to make the best out of it. We need to be active participants and communicate with/ benefit from each other so this group can survive.

Wish you all the best

cheers

Hatem Al-Ghamdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down